RTW,NAW and others asked for a KH available for their clinical situation (LST is choosing the KH when needed).

• RTW,NAW and others asked for a KH available for their clinical situation (LST is choosing the KH when needed).

Hi ! I would like to know if this would be possible to add one features for the KH possibilities in our LST.

I am a Primary Care Paramedic from Canada. In our protocols, we need to ask to our LST which KH is available for us depending our patient's needs. A lot of services in Canada and North America are functionning this way. Some transport are setting the destination and it is good, but I think we can add this possibility for user that want.

How it can work :
      - In the Game Settings, we can tell yes or no if we want this features.

How it can be applied in game :

1- When the vehicle are doing a report on site of what is happening (Status 5), the unit will ask what are the choices available for their situation ( the nearest KH or another KH decide by the LST). The unit then approve the KH by saying '' Understood for the nearest/ Understood for another KH''.

2- In the ''edit insert'' (where we create and send calls to the vehicle), we will be able to write which KH the vehicle will go by their POI's name. When the vehicle is ready to leave, they will ask to confirm the KH.

If you have any questions about this formula, I will be available to answer your questions !

Girard
    • Plus, that is not how it works in Germany (at least legally), because the patient has the right to choose his doctor. This includes the choice of the hospital. To be on the legally correct side, we have to bring a MI patient to a urological clinic, if he insists on being brought there, even when he cannot be treated there.

Sarah Commor (Terminator 2) schrieb:

There's no fate but what we make for ourselves.
    • I agree on the way it will be not implemented because of developping matter. What I less agree about your answer is the fact that is does not work like this in Germany.

I know the game was initially made for representing the Europe system and the German system more than the other place of the world. But i don't think it can be a good way to explain a situation and why it will stay the same. If it is a player choices and not a obligatory way to play I don't see why, beside the developping part, that it would not be implemented.

It is your opinion and I respect it as we are not from the same place and have different views about it.

Have a good day !
    • Hi Girard,

the problem would be the inconsistency throughout germany (even more throughout the world), everyone is cooking is own soup (as we say here). If every local speciality would be implemented, the simulation would need way More work for just a small local solution, so everyone would be happy. I know its frustrating, but sadly it is how it is.
      In Offtopical Manner: I hope you and other medics are doing good in These „troubling“ times.

Regards
    • Wie Oftopic es sein kann, wenn man versucht ne Begründung zu liefern, warum etwas so ist, wie es in der Sim ist, verstehe ich jetzt nicht, aber okay.

Zum zweiten: doch, manchmal ist es so einfach. Klar gibt's da Ausnahmen/Einschränkungen, wo das Recht des einzelnen von der Versorgungssicherheit der Masse überwogen wird, aber im Alltag ist es so einfach.
    • Das ist jetzt zwar offtopic, aber wenn die Leitstelle generell das Zielkrankenhaus vorgibt, und sich dabei auf die Versorgungssicherheit beruft, dann stimmt etwas mit der Vorhaltung gewaltig nicht.

Und ich habe hier versucht für die Sim zu begründen, warum es (eventuell) nicht von Anfang an implementiert wurde. Und neben dem allgegenwärtigen "Wird in Ludwigsburg so nicht gemacht", habe ich einen Grund genannt, warum das in Ludwigsburg (und anderswo) vielleicht nicht so gemacht wird. Nämlich weil der Patient in Deutschland gewisse Rechte hat, zu denen nunmal auch die Wahl des Arztes und damit des Behandlungsortes zählen, in den Grenzen des Allgemeinwohls. Wenn mein Wunschkrankenhaus die Charitè in Berlin ist, obwohl ich in - da isses wieder - Ludwigsburg wohne, steht mein Recht auf Arztwahl in keinem Verhältnis zu entstehenden Versorgungslücke. Wenn ich aber ins übernächste Krankenhaus will, statt ins nächste, dann ist das - in einer vernünftigen Versorgungsstruktur - kein Grund, diese Bitte zu versagen.
    • Sollte die überspringende Klinik aber die „nächst erreichbare, geeignete Klinik“ sein und der Patient da nur nicht hin wollen, weil der Cousin seines Schwagers da das Essen doof fand und die Katze des Vetters 5. Grades in der zweiten Klinik auf dem Hof zum Streicheln wartet, dann beißt sich das eben mit dem geltenden Rettungsdienstgesetz mancher Länder und wird auch gerne mal in im Zweifelsfall in einer Stadt mit 6 Krankenhäusern auf einem Haufen so praktiziert, dass der Patient im Notfall eben kein Entscheidungsrecht hat.
      Zumal es auch Ziel ist, die Rettungsmittel schnellstmöglich wieder Einsatzklar zu bekommen, was eben nicht möglich ist, weil ich Oma Gerde zB aus dem nördlichsten Eck von Stuttgart ins südlichste Krankenhaus fahre, natürlich zur Stoßzeit, während Critical Mass mal wieder die Innenstadt mit ihren Fahrrädern lahm legen.

Genug Off-Topic, mir fehlt dafür (wie es der Kollege Dens sagen würde) die rechtliche Expertise.