Hospital Helipad

• Duplikat
    • Hospital Helipad

I don't know if I'm missing something - but I don't think there is any option to define whether a hospital has a helipad or not in the editor. Obviously, hospitals without one cannot accept patients from an RTH, so this would be a good implementation if it is not there already. If it is - please could somebody show me?
    • There is no option. This topic was part of a discussion as well.

Though it's not easy for Non-German speakers you probably should try using the search and a translator (like Google) before starting any more threads. For the community it's just impossible and yet not reasonable to answer all of your questions regarding details you can find by yourself - but now in English. After all, the main language of the game and the community is German. Hope you understand. :)
      IRLS Dresden - RD (653) :star: IRLS Dresden - KT (39180) :star: IRLS Leipzig - RD (56214) :star:

IRLS Leipzig - KT (78474) | IRLS Ostsachsen (757) | IRLS Chemnitz (769)

• Ingame, helicopters do neither require a helipad for landing nor for take-off. They simply take the straight line across the Open-Street map to the incident/ hospital regardless of suitable landing areas at the former or designated helipads at the latter.

As it would require quite a significant amount of coding (esp. with landing on scene) that won't change any time soon.

edit: + What coswiger said
      Das große Problem Integrierter Leitstellen:
      Du BIST die Feuerwehr!
    • coswiger schrieb:

There is no option. This topic was part of a discussion as well.

Though it's not easy for Non-German speakers you probably should try using the search and a translator (like Google) before starting any more threads. For the community it's just impossible and yet not reasonable to answer all of your questions regarding details you can find by yourself - but now in English. After all, the main language of the game and the community is German. Hope you understand. :)
      Hi, I usually do not intervene in other threads but I think this time I have to do that.

I really recognize your commitment about creating and mantaining online this website. However he was just asking information - as you say - not easy to find for not-german users. Is not so easy to use the the search function without knowing the word to search in german (and specific words are not present in the translators - I know them only thanks to EM4 mods).
      We are not asking to translate the whole forum, obviously, but only to be understanding to non-german speakers.

About the phrase "After all, the main language of the game and the community is German" what do you mean? We may have to speak German to write here? We are speaking english, not Italian or any difficult to know language just for make all people understand our writings.
    • If this qas his first thread I'd agree witj you. But he got a quite extensive answer in another of his threads to why there won't be any changes any time soon, so he might know that there is not much point in bringing up other ideas.
      Exspecially if it's an idea about something that' commonly known in the EMS community (here: not every Hospital has a landing pad), so there's a great chance, somebody already posted that idea.

I must really admit that it's not easy for non native speakers to read through all the forum (hell, it's almost impossible even for native speakers), but you must understand, that it can get on one's nerves to answer the same questions over and over again, just in another language this time.
    • Hi all, thanks for your responses. I do understand this now - and this was only my 2nd thread, and I am totally new to the forum area of LstSim. I now know it is a duplicated idea - my intention was not to irritate anyone. I also now know the current state of the development, and the question was perhaps an badly thought-out idea. I must say thank-you, for understanding the difficulty of being a non-german speaker - I think I can just manage with Google Translate ^^

Thanks for all your responses, and hopefully I now understand the way the forums work. Sorry for any inconvenience or frustration caused :)
    • @marcolone95:

I explained it further as this is his second thread in two days asking about a topic not new to the community. Even if it's "just an information" now, answering every single question in English might cause more and more threads ending in us explaining/translating all details for non-natives (overstating it for understanding). Several users asked to make the game international but the team decided to not do it as the amount of work would be way too much for only a small group of people benefiting from it. This is what everybody should keep in mind and respect.

No, don't worry, you're not forced to communicate in German. But the whole project is in German, so are most of the players (respectively being native speakers). We're happy to explain things that auto-translation can't handle but it should not prevail. Though foreigners usually don't mean to create duplicates, topics with questions discussed in the past ought not be dominant - no matter the language being used. If someone has difficulties in understanding (after trying alone, of course) starting just one thread with different questions might be the better solution.

I'm not part of the team but this likely is their point of view as well. I may be corrected if not.
      IRLS Dresden - RD (653) :star: IRLS Dresden - KT (39180) :star: IRLS Leipzig - RD (56214) :star:

IRLS Leipzig - KT (78474) | IRLS Ostsachsen (757) | IRLS Chemnitz (769)

• t.j.mann schrieb:

Sorry for any inconvenience or frustration caused :)
      No (real) need to excuse. A big part of the frustration is caused by the the fact that the sim is actually standing still for years now.

We all know it's a private off-time project but it gets less and less satisfying to build own control centers around the bugs.

If there wasn't the gragics form, the project might by as good as dead. Or at least there were no long-term-user-community.