First responder stays on scene when ambulance arrives and treats patient

• First responder stays on scene when ambulance arrives and treats patient

Well, I tried to search through this forum, but I don't think somebody did come up with this...

I'm only creating American dispatch systems and they work a little different than the European ones.
      In the USA almost all fire departments respond to EMS calls. :flag_us:
      A lot of engines carry paramedics and all necessary bags, medications, monitor, suction unit, etc.
      This means they can provide the highest level of care on scene, Advanced Life Support. Those units are tagged NEF in my dispatches.
      BLS engines/units are called FR. (BLS ambulances KTW, Intermediates tagged RTW and ALS ambulances NAW)

When a EMS call comes in, Fire and EMS respond to the scene. All units stay on the scene until patient is ready for transport.
      What happens now, is that as soon a transport unit (NAW, RTW or KTW) arrives on scene, the first responder or NEF packs his bags and leaves the scene.
      I can't imagine that happens in Europe, this way??
      It seems more realistic to me that all units leave the scene when the patient has been stabilized for transport, or the dispatcher needs one of the units for another call.
      When a unit doesn't really need to stay at scene (but can support until transport happens) it can be put in status 1, and stay on scene for assist...

Is this an option to build in the lstsim??? :rotating_light:
    • Bass D. schrieb:

the first responder or NEF packs his bags and leaves the scene.
      The problem is: NEF packs its bags when
      • only an Ambulance (KTW or RTW) is needed
      • a NAW or RTH arrives.
      This is the right way in Germany, so I think it will stay so.
      But the FR reaction may be discussable ;)
      For now You can only click "verstanden", not "verstanden, zur Wache". Then the Units will stay at the scene until You sending them home by clicking "H"

Jetzt darf erstmal über mein "Englisch" gelacht werden, macht es doch bitte jemand besser :P
      Avatar by MartinHorn, Chr2, Westfale & Grisu118

-> Zeitzeugen der 90er Jahre im Raum Saalfeld, Kronach, SOK und SHK gesucht
    • marcee schrieb:

This is the right way in Germany
      It's not. @Bass D. is describing a system which can be found in Europe as well. Units being on scene will normally stay as backup as long as they're not dismissed. Even if a medic is not required he/she will have a (brief) look at the patient if the unit has arrived anyway and is not needed anywhere else.

This problem is caused by the way the game works. The patient starts at a certain health level. Lower scores have to be treated by advanced paramedics up to a doctor. As soon as the required team starts treatment the game calls the basic units off because they're not needed anymore. Any kind of support can not be displayed by now, just "able to raise health up to 100 %: yes or no". Unfortunately the programmer might not change this in the near future (or at all) because it's not that easy to implement. But the majority sholud be with your opinion, it has already been discussed a couple of times.

The best way to simulate all units staying on scene is to play like @marcee wrote: Just answer "10-4" ("Verstanden.") to "We're not needed anymore."/"Patient handed over." and keep them in standby (status 1). As soon as the patient is ready for transport send everyone home ("H" when unit is selected or left click on unit -> "Status" -> "Zur Wache").

@marcee: Passt schon, ist soweit verständlich. ;)
      IRLS Dresden - RD (653) :star: IRLS Dresden - KT (39180) :star: IRLS Leipzig - RD (56214) :star:

IRLS Leipzig - KT (78474) | IRLS Ostsachsen (757) | IRLS Chemnitz (769)

• marcee schrieb:

Bass D. schrieb:

the first responder or NEF packs his bags and leaves the scene.
      This is the right way in Germany

coswiger schrieb:

marcee schrieb:

This is The right way in Germany
      It's not. @Bass D. is describing a system which can bei found in Europe as well.
      @marcee said "Germany"
      @coswiger said "Europe". As well it can be found in Europe, but the right way in Germany ist The way from @marcee.
    • Where I work in Germany, First Responder stays on scene til the patient is in the ambulance.
      Same for the NEF. Even if there is no need of the notarzt they will stay for a while to check the patient and document it.
      It is rare that NEF or FR drive away as soon as the ambulance arrives
      Ceterum censeo Stuttgartem esse delendam

Die Leitstelle des größten DRK-Kreisverbandes in Deutschland erwartet euch
      Hier Leitstelle Karlsruhe, kommen.
    • retter25 schrieb:

Same for the NEF. Even if there is no need of the notarzt they will stay for a while to check the patient and document it.
      Of course, in this cases they could stay a little bit longer, but not necessary until the ambulance starts the way to the hospital. This could take a lot of time in Germany ;)
      And You see: It´s different within Germany. In some areas are lots of NEF, in other there is only one NEF for 150.000 people...
      Avatar by MartinHorn, Chr2, Westfale & Grisu118

-> Zeitzeugen der 90er Jahre im Raum Saalfeld, Kronach, SOK und SHK gesucht
    • NEF stays til Transport begins, that's The way in every Single region I've worked in or seen. Some go to Status 1 ASAP when not needed, others stay in Status 4 until it's time to leave The scene.

P.S. I hate Auto correcture on my cell. But it s funny to see what it does with english when it thinks I writing very bad in German.
    • @eifeler: So GER is not part of EU for you? I have not excluded us because what @marcee and you said is not the "normal" way, at least not these instant standby and going home right away situations the game uses everytime. There is no "the right way in Germany". On scene the unit in command dismisses the assisting ones, not the dispatcher. Even while staying on scene a FR or NEF can be redispatched if needed.
      IRLS Dresden - RD (653) :star: IRLS Dresden - KT (39180) :star: IRLS Leipzig - RD (56214) :star:

IRLS Leipzig - KT (78474) | IRLS Ostsachsen (757) | IRLS Chemnitz (769)