**Power Overtime Vehicle Dependency** with negate.

• **Power Overtime Vehicle Dependency** with negate.

So, I wanted to ask you all for you opinion on this matter. For the Centrally Deployed Units in my Simulation would you recommend the Power Overtime Vehicle Dependency with Negate.

In reality, trucks deployed from HQ-Headquarters are posted to cover certain areas as dictated in the posting plan, plus run calls until the last 45min of their scheduled shift and then they are cleared to come back to Headquarters, and refuel on the way back, and once they get to Headquarters they restock, and finish their charts.

Example: M-01 HQ is scheduled 0500-1700, from the time they sign into the CAD at 0500 they are available for calls and posting assignments. Then at 1615hrs they as long as they aren't on a call they are cleared to come back to HQ-Headquarters. In the CAD their status is changed to M01 HQ - SCH.

SCH= Shift Change

As long as the vehicle is in this status they ARE NOT assigned to Omega, Alpha, Bravo, Charlie level responses.

However, a call comes in that is Coded as a DELTA or ECHO level response for any call type, they are sent to the call if they are the Closest unit.

Obviously while playing my simulation, during the last 45 minutes of a unit's shift you can issue H> to have the come back to Headquarters, but then you have to pay attention and make sure that you only send that unit to a DELTA or ECHO level response during this time. There is no way around this, and there is no Vehicle Dependency that would apply to something this complex.

In reality, our policy is that if the unit makes it back to Headquarters successfully, and manages NOT to receive a DELTA or ECHO response they can sign out of CAD or go status 6, 15 min prior to the shift ending. In this example it would be 1645hrs, this ensures the company that the crew gets off on time that no overtime is paid out. Obviously you can't do this either in Lstsim because this a complex policy.

So for a quick recap then to the point I'm trying to make.

Example: M01 HQ 0500-1700

@1615hrs M01 HQ SCH or H> (as long as they aren't on an assignment) ( They can still be dispatched to DELTA, ECHO level responses)

@1645hrs M01 HQ status 6 (as long as they aren't on an assignment)

All these things have to be done carefully with a watchful eye by whoever is playing this simulation.

Now finally to the point.

IF M01 HQ is on an assignment prior 1615hrs, or receives a DELTA or ECHO level response during SCH. They will most likely clear from the hospital after their scheduled time to be off duty. 1700hrs.

Since this is both a busy and complex control center. Would you recommend creating Power Overtime Vehicle Dependency with negate to Vehicles deployed from Headquarters to ensure that once they clear the hospital, or a call after their scheduled time to be off duty, that they are accidentally attached to call by the control by mistake.

In reality as soon as I clear the hospital or a call and it is past 1645hrs I immediately sign out of CAD and go status 6, to make sure I don't receive anymore calls. This is our policy in reality.

I'm just wondering what you all think about this issue. I can leave the simulation as it is, and let it be a challenge to get units off on time, or I can add this dependency. It's up to you the players of my control center.
      Antonio Bouchillon EMT-P (GCEMSPARAMEDIC)
      facebook.com/#!/ACABouchillon
      colton.nrp@gmail.com
    • If that's how it's handled in reality, you should do that.

From my german point of view, it's a bit seems a bit strange. In my little corner of the EMS world, we have to react to calls, no matter if the shift is actually over. As long as we're not back at the station, the unit is availible for dispatch.
      At my station for example, we have a 24/7 0730h-0730h ALS unit (RTW) and a 0730h-1930h ALS daytime unit. Those two are rotating through the jobs. If it's 1929h and it's the daytime car's turn, dispatch sends it, no matter if there's only one minute left and no matter if the 24/7 car is availible or not. If there's an alarm, we go for it. And if there's another call on our way back from the hospital, we'll have to answer that. If that means overtimes, then it's overtimes.
    • @TheOssi
      The german law sets no difference between different Priorities (A-E). The fractured Finger has the same priority as the "cardiac arrest", here in good old Germany. :|

Don´t get me wrong, I´m not supporting this situation.
      This is why we respond to every call. No matter if just seconds remaining to Shift-Change.
      :/ offtopic, sorry.

@GCEMSPARAMEDIC

If that´s how you handle it - Do it! I would like to see / play it.

And try to stop opening new threads for discussions about your "Leitstelle" / Control Center.
      :| :whistling:

Best regards ;)
    • @Tierlieb

What's the point of forum, if you can't start a thread to talk about an issue? I'm keeping the Ausland, America very active in the forum. :P

And unfortunately American EMS operates on budgets so anything to save a dollar is what they do. So considering most of the people in America don't actually need an ambulance when they call 911 is why we prioritize calls. A hurt finger is not the same as a Cardiac Arrest. Even Hospitals triage in this manner. We have an accredited dispatch to provide life saving pre arrival instructions, prioritize calls and even send the hurt finger to a nurse line who will make other arrangements for the patient to be seen outside of the emergency department so we don't have to waiste an ambulance on non sense.

Not all EMS systems are as complex as this in my state though. We are very unique.
      colton.nrp@gmail.com

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von GCEMSPARAMEDIC ()

• TheOssi schrieb:

If that's how it's handled in reality, you should do that.

From my german point of view, it's a bit seems a bit strange. In my little corner of the EMS world, we have to react to calls, no matter if the shift is actually over. As long as we're not back at the station, the unit is availible for dispatch.
      At my station for example, we have a 24/7 0730h-0730h ALS unit (RTW) and a 0730h-1930h ALS daytime unit. Those two are rotating through the jobs. If it's 1929h and it's the daytime car's turn, dispatch sends it, no matter if there's only one minute left and no matter if the 24/7 car is availible or not. If there's an alarm, we go for it. And if there's another call on our way back from the hospital, we'll have to answer that. If that means overtimes, then it's overtimes.
      Thanks for your feed back.
      colton.nrp@gmail.com