Bass D's USA Ambulance & Fire Rescue trucks

• I'm back!

A 2020 Chevrolet (G) 4500 Series Truck with a Life Line Superliner Type III patient module.
      Owner: Elmsford Volunteer Fire Department, Westchester County, New York.
      Images
      • 2020 Chevrolet G4500 - Life Line 171inch Superliner Type III - Elmsford VFD 58B2.png

445.71 kB, 4,194×1,603, viewed 73 times
    • Work in Progress:

Updating the Miami Dade Fire Rescue dispatch.
      Starting with the Rescue 3, a september 2018 International Durastar 2-door truck with a Medium Duty Wheeled Coach (170") Modular Body.

21-12-24: Start of this project:
      Lined out all distances on scale. (Cabin to rear axis, Wheelbase, Total Length, length of the Modular Body and Hight)
      Most of these data are on the Wheeled Coach website where you can find the 2D drawings.
      I used the previously created International Durastar as cabin and placed it into GIMP.

22-1-6:
      Drawing body work, doors and added some colors.

22-1-9: Placed a good 2D picture and draw flags, soldiers and placed the army emblems on the side of the body.
      Added the Federal Signal Perimeter Lights (Quadraflare).

22-1-14: Added a pre-fab exhaust pipe, rims and some accessories.

22-1-15: Changed details of the exhaust pipe, added light at the back, added "3", changed the striping with the "fire gold leaf pattern" and some other small details and finishing touch.
      The original PNG file was too big to place here.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Bass D. ().

• You have so much sooler looking ambulances in the u.s.
      Here in Germany they've just recently changed the law to limit the blue lights on emergency vehicles, because people are bothered by to much blinking. Always think, what incompetent idiots are making these laws. These lights are there to be seen and we limit them because they can be seen too good.
    • I know, it's about being seen. But it can be high viz and still look cool.
      Here, it's about how to nit offend anyone by being to visible. The chief of fire in Dortmund for example doesn't allow loud martin horns on the ambulances, just a much less loud electronic one. He said: "Big cars, loud horns, little cars little horns." And now, the number of flashing lights is being limited to six (2 front roof, 2 back roof, 2 front, if you're lucky 2 half intersection lights on each sides), by law, so that the cars "do not blink like christmas trees". That's just stupid.

IMG_20220109_125143.jpg
      This is the allowed maximum of lights in Germany, now. (2 on the back)
    • Not the topic for a discusion, but I can give a bit info about some state laws regarding the lights.

- In California the absolute minimum is one steady burn red warning lamp (known as California Steady).
      - In Florida only law enforcement uses blue lights. Fire must use a minimum of one red light and EMS white and red (flashing or revolving).
      - In New York State emergency lights on vehicles may be red, white, blue, green or amber. Flashing or solid color. But.... There are rules... One of them:
      The blue light or lights shall be displayed for rear projection only and the vehicle must be engaged in an emergency operation. And much, much more laws in different states.

I'm not gonna make a list of it. Takes a bit to long. But laws can be find online :)

The biggest issue with electronic sirens is that the cars are getting better isolated and when having music on the surround speakers you almost can't hear them.
      I think limiting sirens is prevent them to do were they are made for. Letting people know they have to move to the side of the road.
      Let's get back to the topic!