Different languages (verschiedenen Sprachen)

• Wird nicht umgesetzt
    • Different languages (verschiedenen Sprachen)

Hello from america!, Just wanted to say great game for what ive been able to play. But I have the problem of not speaking or reading german so in order to play the game i must pause every few seconds to try and translate what is happening. My proposal is to open the game up to different languge options, such as english. I believe this will help increase the popularity of this game / simulator and open it up to endless possibilitys especially since it is on facebook. I am willing to dedicate some of my time to help with translations via google translator which i have had 90% success so far with translations on this site. I thank you for taking the time to read my proposal and apologize if this has already been discussed.

Look forward to working with you,

TwoTone :thumbup:

Hallo aus Amerika!, Ich wollte nur tolles Spiel für what ive der Lage gewesen zu spielen sagen. Aber ich habe das Problem der nicht sprechen oder lesen Deutsch so um das Spiel pausieren muss ich alle paar Sekunden, um zu versuchen und zu übersetzen, was geschieht, zu spielen. Mein Vorschlag ist, das Spiel eröffnen sich auf unterschiedliche languge Optionen, wie zum Beispiel Englisch. Ich glaube, dies wird dazu beitragen, die Popularität dieses Spiels / Simulator und öffnen Sie es bis zu endlosen possibilitys zumal es ist bei Facebook. Ich bin bereit, einige meiner Zeit widmen, um mit Übersetzungen über Google Translator, das ich 90% Erfolg hatte bisher mit Übersetzungen auf dieser Website zu helfen. Ich danke Ihnen für die Zeit nehmen, meinen Vorschlag zu lesen und entschuldige mich, wenn dies bereits diskutiert.

Freuen Sie sich auf die Zusammenarbeit mit Ihnen,

Haftungsausschluss: Übersetzung ist möglicherweise nicht 100% richtig leid!
    • Hello TwoTone,

very nice to hear, that someone in the US is playing the game.
      Unfortunately, i don't think the game will be translated in the near future; there are too less players that can't understand German.
      Due to more than 900 emergencies in database now the effort would be enormous.

Kind regards,
      Steffen
    • TwoTone schrieb:

Hello from america!, Just wanted to say great game for what ive been able to play. But I have the problem of not speaking or reading german so in order to play the game i must pause every few seconds to try and translate what is happening. My proposal is to open the game up to different languge options, such as english. I believe this will help increase the popularity of this game / simulator and open it up to endless possibilitys especially since it is on facebook. I am willing to dedicate some of my time to help with translations via google translator which i have had 90% success so far with translations on this site. I thank you for taking the time to read my proposal and apologize if this has already been discussed.

Look forward to working with you,

Hallo aus Amerika!, Ich wollte nur tolles Spiel für what ive der Lage gewesen zu spielen sagen. Aber ich habe das Problem der nicht sprechen oder lesen Deutsch so um das Spiel pausieren muss ich alle paar Sekunden, um zu versuchen und zu übersetzen, was geschieht, zu spielen. Mein Vorschlag ist, das Spiel eröffnen sich auf unterschiedliche languge Optionen, wie zum Beispiel Englisch. Ich glaube, dies wird dazu beitragen, die Popularität dieses Spiels / Simulator und öffnen Sie es bis zu endlosen possibilitys zumal es ist bei Facebook. Ich bin bereit, einige meiner Zeit widmen, um mit Übersetzungen über Google Translator, das ich 90% Erfolg hatte bisher mit Übersetzungen auf dieser Website zu helfen. Ich danke Ihnen für die Zeit nehmen, meinen Vorschlag zu lesen und entschuldige mich, wenn dies bereits diskutiert.

Freuen Sie sich auf die Zusammenarbeit mit Ihnen,

Haftungsausschluss: Übersetzung ist möglicherweise nicht 100% richtig leid!
      Hi! I'm from Italy.
      I don't know how many players come from outside Germany, but I think that at least an English translation should be done. I know that the emergencies database very large, but if an effort for the translation will be done, the game could be played from all over the world. It wold be great.
      I also think that a wider choice of languages would be perfect, but one thing at a time.

Starting from the GUI translation, that should be relatively fast, this problem could be solved by using a "translation module" in which both german and english speaking player could propose a possible translation to use in the english version of the game. Doing that, the translation process should be faster and cheaper. The more translations will be proposed, the more foreign players will come to play.

As reguard the new emergencies, it could be interesting to specify if the new emergency have to be translated from someone who can do that, or if a translation is immediatly available, so in that case the player who posted that emergency, will post also the correct translation.

I'll wait for an answer.
    • There are absolutely no personal ressources to translate the whole database into foreign language.
      Additionally there also the other behavior of the sim should be adapted ... sorry but this will not happen in the near future.
      Viele Grüße

TOM

- Betreuer offizielle bayerische Leitstellen
      - Besitzer BAMBERG (ID 7190) & ERDING (ID 112)
      - Team NÜRNBERG (ID 73 / 86 / 88 / 89)
      - Team MÜNCHEN (ID 1159)
    • I think creating an English version would be a fantastic idea. I also do not speak German and have a very hard time playing this. I have some friends here in Canada that have a hard time. I would offer money to have the game translated 100%.
    • Currently there are about 9500 different calls/taskings in the database.
      However, it's not just the amount of text that would require translation - a major problem would be procedurally generated calls. One could translate the individual text modules, but since the grammatical structures of German and English differ, a simple translation wouldn't result in comprehensible calls.
      Offering a translated version would not only be a massive one-time undertaking, but also require maintaining a bilingual database.

With a single developer and less than a handful team members taking care of the framework and database that's just not feasible.

Personally I wouldn't have thought that this rather niche project would find an international audience. The target demographic is rather small to start with, then the language - but in the end it's a simulation of a very specific, very German EMS system. In this respect, we very much appreciate your support and hope you still have fun playing despite the language barrier.
    • I do believe that if we tried. It could be done. There are plenty of people wanting to help on a translation project and since we are all (I think) English speakers than we can comprehend what the call is trying to say and if necessary, proof-read the outcome and make it more legible.
      All we need is the help. You give us what we need to translate and we will translate it. Simple enough. 9500 calls/taskings can be done, and will be done with the right help.
      So please can we try.

Thank you,
      ScottyD
    • I'm sorry, but it isn't as easy as you think. It is not possible to translate the calls word by word. There are also 432 text modules with more than 15.000 phrases which can be in the textes. And these are written for german grammar. Of course a kind of will be easier to translate, but most of them aren't. Also do not underrate the number 9500 calls with many medical terms.
      And there are not only the calls, also the complete explanations and the handling in game, in the "Leitstellenbaukasten" and so on.
      It is not done with translation. Also the system of rescue service is totally different to the german one. This will be a very high input to code.

So you see, there are many more aspects to consider.
      Liebe User, Antworten auf nahezu alle Fragen zur Sim liefert euch unser Wiki. Dort ist detailliert erklärt, was ihr bei LstSim alles machen könnt und es gibt Lösungen für viele Probleme! Wir empfehlen allen Leitstellenerbauern ausdrücklich sich dort zu informieren!
      Auch interessant: FAQ
    • F. Köhler schrieb:

I'm sorry, but it isn't as easy as you think. It is not possible to translate the calls word by word. There are also 432 text modules with more than 15.000 phrases which can be in the textes. And these are written for german grammar. Of course a kind of will be easier to translate, but most of them aren't. Also do not underrate the number 9500 calls with many medical terms.
      And there are not only the calls, also the complete explanations and the handling in game, in the "Leitstellenbaukasten" and so on.
      It is not done with translation. Also the system of rescue service is totally different to the german one. This will be a very high input to code.

So you see, there are many more aspects to consider.
      Sorry for bringing this up again as I'm sure you're quite tired of hearing it, but there is a solution to it. There's a site called "crowdin", which is a crowd-based translation community. The 'project managers' can simply upload the text files which include translatable language – and the community does the rest. As for the costs I'm not quite sure, but I don't think it's that much to be honest.
      As an ambulance apprentice from Norway, I am in love with this. I would do so much to translate this to english.

Cheers :)
    • As I explained: I'm sure it is much more complicated as you imagine. Most of the calls cannot be translated word by word. The database has to be written complettly new.
      Liebe User, Antworten auf nahezu alle Fragen zur Sim liefert euch unser Wiki. Dort ist detailliert erklärt, was ihr bei LstSim alles machen könnt und es gibt Lösungen für viele Probleme! Wir empfehlen allen Leitstellenerbauern ausdrücklich sich dort zu informieren!
      Auch interessant: FAQ
    • Hello, apologies for bumping such an old thread.

I've come across lstsim and it's exactly what I've been looking for for a long time - but my German is very basic, and I find myself needing to translate a lot of it as discussed here.

I'm a software developer with experience working with multilingual codebases, and I'd be willing to volunteer my spare time to make lstsim usable in English, simply because it seems so fantastic - would that be doable maybe?

Thank you!

---

Hallo, entschuldige, dass ich auf so einen alten Thread gestoßen bin.

Ich bin auf lstsim gestoßen und es ist genau das, wonach ich gesucht habe - aber mein Deutsch ist sehr schlecht und ich muss viel davon wie hier beschrieben übersetzen.

Ich bin ein Softwareentwickler mit Erfahrung in der Arbeit mit mehrsprachigen Codebasen und möchte meine Freizeit damit verbringen, lstsim auf Englisch nutzbar zu machen, nur weil es so fantastisch erscheint - vielleicht wäre das machbar?

Danke vielmals!
    • Hey all! I love this game so much and it is exactly what I have been looking for. So sorry for adding to an old thread. I barely speak any German at all honestly. I am trying to learn but I just am not very good at it. I know you have said repeatedly that translating the game is unreasonable and not worth the time and effort, and I totally respect that argument. But I was wondering if in the 3 years since this question has been asked if the situation has changed at all. I completely am fine if it still isn’t possible and I will keep playing the game anyway, but it would be really nice to not have to fight with Google translate to play the game. Anyways thanks!
    • Unfortunately not. Even worse, the developer is not active anymore and we don't know if he will return...

We appreciate you playing and trying to learn our language. Please ask if you're having trouble to understand all details of the game. :)
      IRLS Dresden - RD (653) :star: IRLS Dresden - KT (39180) :star: IRLS Leipzig - RD (56214) :star:

IRLS Leipzig - KT (78474) | IRLS Ostsachsen (757) | IRLS Chemnitz (769)